Welcome. Now that you’re here, you are probably asking yourself, “What is Skin Finishing Artists United?”. We know that your time is valuable, so let’s get right to it. For the purposes of keeping it short and sweet, we refer to all of our artists collectively as SFA’s (Skin Finishing Artists).
You don’t have to be an existing Skin Finishing Artist to join. Many of our members begin their skin finishing careers as a result of finding our organization (which is free to join), receiving training, and networking with other members to start their own skin finishing businesses.
This is an excellent industry to enter for high school or college students, stay at home moms, or anyone looking to build a business that is both fun and profitable, while providing a high level of flexibility. We also have professional artists who come to SFAU to teach, and collaborate with other industry professionals and enhance their skill set to become more competitive in their local areas.
The point is, if you have an interest in this field, there is a place at Skin Finishing Artists United for you.
Q: What is Skin Finishing?
A: Skin Finishing is the process by which skin is prepared, primed, and perfected by various types of artists to achieve a desired temporary improvement or effect. SFA’s use the skin as a canvas to highlight or create beauty on the human body. It can be a process as simple as giving someone a makeover and bringing out their best features, all the way to artists who paint full body special effects for movies and theater productions.
Q: What Kinds of Artists are Considered Skin Finishing Artists?
A: We have 3 main categories for our Artists:
- Skin Bronzing Artists (Skin Illumination, Spray Tanning, Airbrush Tanning , Bodybuilding/Pageant Competition, and Sunless)
- Makeup Artists (Cosmetic, Bridal, Fashion, TV/Film, and Theater)
- Face and Body Painting Artists ( Face Painting, Commercial/Corporate/Fashion Body Art, Glitter Tattoo, Henna Tattoo, and Special Effects).
Q: What is Skin Finishing Artists United?
A: SFAU (Skin Finishing Artists United) is an international organization that was formed to help all of our artists
- to learn from and encourage one another
- keep up with skin finishing industry news/events
- cross-train one another
- network with each other
- assist one another with job/project placement
- showcase artist portfolio’s to assist with increased bookings for local jobs
- take advantage of our combined buying power for our industry consumables (client disposables, marketing materials, supplies, etc)
- provide artists with a safe and professional network of people to assist with business fundamentals (logo design, business cards, websites, social media pages, etc.)
Each of our artists becomes more valuable in his/her practice of skin finishing by learning related skin finishing tools and techniques. For example, a cosmetic counter make up artist can expand his/her portfolio to also offer spray tanning or simply choose to learn more advanced make up application techniques to explore work in TV or film.
Our artists come from all skill levels, all walks of life, various backgrounds, countries in every corner of the globe, but the one thing that they all share is a passion for creating beauty and art on the human body.
We are not just in the business of teaching you how to perfect various skin finishing techniques, we are also very much in the business of teaching you how to set up your own business, get hired, build your ‘Brand’, and run a thriving Skin Finishing Business.
Interested in becoming a member of SFAU and beginning or enhancing your skin finishing business? Learn more.…